Thursday, May 5, 2011

What is going to be is what is, that is love....


There is a beautiful snow peaked mountain
With peaceful clouds wrapped round her shoulders.
The surrounding air is filled with love and peace.
What is going to be is what is,
That is love.
There is no fear of leaping into the immeasurable space of love.
Fall in love?
Or, are you in love?
Such questions cannot be answered,
Because in this peace of an all-pervading presence,
No one is in and no one is falling in.
No one is possessed by another.
I see a beautiful playground
Which some may call heaven,
Others may regard it as a trap of hell.
But, I, Chögyam, don't care.
In the playground beautiful Dakinis are holding hand drums, flutes and bells.
Some of them, who are dancing, hold naked flames, water, a nightingale,
Or the whole globe of earth with the galaxies around it.
These Dakinis may perform their dance of death or birth or sickness,
I am still completely intoxicated, in love....

                                                               - Chögyam Trungpa, 6 August 1969

listen to the whole poem http://www.chronicleproject.com/stories_120.html

And me? ... I wake each morning and listen to this poem by Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche...raise my hands to the sky and choose life...then attempt to pay attention to the signs in a natural world that speaks to me..

Today, a Coyote, directly across my path in the middle of the day. I stop the car. Watch.  This makes two coyotes in two days. Midday each one crosses my path  or do i cross theirs? I wonder.  Coats golden as the dry  grass in this already drought high desert. And brown as the bottoms branches of the Juniper trees, who have begun to die after two or more years of low water. I morn their slow death, the Junipers who bring fragrant and sacred smoke to our ceremonies. The Juniper soft in the wind and dropping their purple berries each fall. They watch over my dreams at night.

I think about the bathwater i use so often to sooth my life. What does each tub full of water have to do with the slow death of the Juniper trees?

Is there a way for both to exist. my bath and this majestic and fragrant tree? What is our 'right relationship' with one another? What am I in love with?

Coyote stops when i stop (my car). Looks at me. Me at she. Drinking each other in before she slips into the landscape and my eyes can no longer separate her from the grass and dying low branches. Is she the dakini dancing in the immeasurable space of love? I only know I am intoxicated by her. I wait for her to arrive again. I seek her council. 

Yesterday there were three Ravens. Then Coyote. I know, from experience, that this means i need to be on the look out for ways in which i am tricking myself. I also know from long days on mountain roads, that another trickster is near. Yesterday that trickster arrived immediately in the form of a cop car.  Today, after Coyote, it was an immediate phone call. Wrong number.

Where are you leading me Coyote?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment